OVER 3 DECADES OF BUILDING
THE EU DATA PROTECTION POLICY
||ATALIA srl, the Data Controller
||Via Amendola 29
I-22066 Mariano Comense (CO)
||Mr. Antonio Marelli, President of ATALIA
||European General Data Protection Regulation
|Last Update on
1. European Legislation
The recently introduced GDPR Regulation specifies that, within Europe, personal data should be collected, used, protected and interacted in a lawful, secure and reliable way.
The GDPR is a legislation of the European Union (EU). It aims to give residents of the EU better control over their data, by ensuring compliance to appropriate data management, security and privacy rules.
Under this legislation, personal data may be collected for legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way that is incompatible with those purposes. Data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful and unauthorised interventions and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
In addition, we do not make use of third party services such as Google Analytics, that collect, monitor and analyse data that your browser may send out when you visit our site.
3. Information Handling Entities
The Data Controllers determine the purposes and means of processing procedures as applied to personal data.
The Data Processors are natural or legal persons or any other body which handles personal data.
The Data Subjects are individuals whose personal data may be collected, held or processed and who retain the right to request the rectification or erasure of their personal data. They may also object to or request a restriction of processing of their data or impose their right to data portability. Appropriate security must in any case protect such personal data against unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
As expressed in Articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 of the European Union Regulation UE 2016/679, Data Subjects have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority at any moment, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, should the above Articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 be violated, simply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by informing the Guarantor responsible for the protection of personal data.
4. ATALIA Business Partners and Personal Data
ATALIA offers and sells to its clients products and services produced by trusted and reliable third party international manufacturers and suppliers. These companies have their own separate data procedures and privacy policies. Atalia has no direct responsibility or liability towards these independently linked suppliers.
The destination of the products and services that ATALIA sells is mostly outside the European Economic Area (EEA), mainly in the Far East. Deliveries are effected by staff and companies operating outside the EEA.
We continuously need to collect and maintain sensitive information from our suppliers and customers. Such data, collected for specified, explicit, adequate, relevant and legitimate purposes is essential for the successful marketing, sales and delivery of products and services to our clients.
We often obtain personal and confidential information from our business partners in the Far East, which helps us maintain a solid and detailed information base of current marketing and sales opportunities in this vast geographic area.
Clients and suppliers have the right to access their personal data at ATALIA and any such requests made to ATALIA are dealt with in a timely manner.
ATALIA respects the rights of its business partners regarding the security and confidentiality of their personal information. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any specific concerns or questions regarding our handling of your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the GDPR.
5. Personal Information and Communication
We may use personal address information in order to provide you and our business clients and prospects with newsletters, marketing and promotional material as well as technical information.
We may compute sales statistics and may provide this information to third parties. Such statistics will not include information that could be used in any way to identify individual persons or individual business partners as sources of such information.
We may also share your data with other companies who carry out market research on our behalf and who may contact you for the purpose of obtaining feedback on the products and services we offer.
We will not sell, trade or transfer any identifiable personal information to generic outside entities or individuals, whether they be private or public. However, for operational requirements, we may have to release personal information to trusted third parties that are closely associated with our company and its activities, who regularly assist us in developing and maintaining our technical infrastructure and advise, assist and support us in financial matters, order processing as well as accounting and shipping matters.
We will release personal information only if this is necessary and appropriate in order to comply with legal requirements and to protect ours or others rights.
Personal data that is found to be inaccurate is, as far as possible, erased or rectified.
We may share your information with anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf.
Please contact us, for general information or communications queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Security / Archiving
ATALIA will ensure that personal data is stored securely using appropriate hardware and software.
Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need such access. Appropriate data security is in place, to avoid unauthorized access to information. When personal data is to be deleted, this is done safely so that the data is irrecoverable.
An appropriate data back-up system as well as an emergency recovery solution are in place.
7. How long do we keep Information?
We will normally keep information for not longer than 5 years after delivery of any contract or service. In certain cases we will keep sales documentation for a longer time, for example if required for legal proceedings or where delivered products include an insurance for which a claim could potentially be made at a future date.
8. User Rights and Complaints
As expressed in the European Union Regulation EU 2016/679, data subjects may, at any moment, lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority, by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting the Guarantor responsible for the protection of personal data.
Under data protection law you have the right to change or withdraw your consent and to request details of any personal data element that we hold about you.
Where we have no legitimate reason to continue to hold specific personal data, the owner of such data has the right to be forgotten.
COMPLIANCE OF ATALIA SRL TO ARTICLE 13 OF ITALIAN PRIVACY LAW
Article 13 of the Italian legislative decree dated 30 June 2003, n. 196
- Your personal data as well as other information, such as home address and bank account details, are collected, recorded, arranged and stored exclusively for the purposes related to the exercise of our activity, in particular for the maintenance of our accounts and in order to meet legal obligations under the law, civil law and tax regulations, and to to carry out commercial transactions.
- Data processing is carried out both manually and with IT tools and procedures, which are suitable for ensuring security and to prevent unauthorized access to data, in compliance with the minimum security measures referred to in the Technical Guidelines, annex B of the Privacy Law.
- The provision of required data is mandatory, for the type of data processed and for the purpose of processing according to Articles 23 and 24 of the aforementioned Law. A clear refusal of access to the required data would result in the impossibility of stipulating any contract and fulfilling legal and tax commitments.
- The above data may be communicated, exclusively for the purposes set out in point 1 above, to the professional subjects listed below:
- Accounting firms,
- Law offices,
- Auditing companies,
- Public authorities and public administrations for the fulfillment of law,
- Agents and business brokers,
- Controllers and controlling companies,
- Companies with which we maintain business relationships
- The data are stored in the premises of our company headquarters in Mariano Comense (CO), Via Amendola 29, Italy, for a period of time not less than that required by civil and tax laws.
- Article. 7 of the Italian legislative decree 30/06/2003, n. 196 acknowledges to the interested party certain rights, including the one that is exercisable at any time, to verify the existence or not of personal data concerning the involved individual, to know the content and origin of such data, verify its accuracy or request its updating or cancellation as well as transformation into anonymous form and/or blocking of such data which is processed in violation of the law.
The following Italian text states the compliance of ATALIA S.R.L. to
Italian Privacy Law, which protects the confidentiality of the personal and company data
of our customers and suppliers.
INFORMATIVA AI SENSI DELL'ART. 13 DEL CODICE DELLA PRIVACY
- I Vostri dati personali nonchè le altre informazioni, quali domiciliazione ed estremi di conto corrente bancari, vengono raccolti, registrati, riordinati e memorizzati esclusivamente per le finalità attinenti all'esercizio della nostra attività, in particolare per la tenuta della contabilità e per soddisfare obblighi previsti dalle norme di legge, civilistiche e fiscali, nonché per eseguire la transazione commerciale.
- Il trattamento dei dati è effettuato sia mediante strumenti manuali, sia mediante strumenti e procedure informatiche, in ogni caso idonei a garantire la sicurezza e ad evitare accessi non autorizzati, nel rispetto delle misure minime di sicurezza di cui al Disciplinare tecnico allegato B del codice della Privacy.
- Il conferimento dei dati in oggetto ha natura obbligatoria, per la tipologia dei dati trattati e per la finalità del trattamento in virtù dell'art. 23 e art. 24 della suddetta legge non è richiesto il vs. consenso in quanto un evidente rifiuto comporterà l'impossibilità di stipulare qualsiasi contratto e di assolvere gli impegni di legge, e fiscali.
- I dati di cui sopra potranno essere comunicati, esclusivamente per le finalità di cui al punto 1,alle categorie di soggetti qui di seguito elencati:
- studi commercialisti,
- studi legali,
- società di revisione del bilancio,
- Pubbliche Autorità e Pubbliche Amministrazioni per gli adempimenti di legge,
- agenti e procacciatori di affari,
- società controllanti, collegate e controllate,
- società con le quali intratteniamo rapporti commerciali
- I dati sono conservati presso la nostra impresa nella sede di Mariano Comense (CO), Via Amendola 29, per un tempo non inferiore a quello prescritto dalle norme civilistiche e fiscali e non potranno formare oggetto di diffusione.
- L'art. 7 del d. l.vo 30/06/2003, n. 196 riconosce all'interessato taluni diritti, tra cui quello esercitabile in qualsiasi momento, di ottenere la conferma dell'esistenza o meno di dati personali che lo riguardano, di conoscerne il contenuto e l'origine, verificare l'esattezza o chiederne l'aggiornamento, la rettificazione e, quando vi ha interesse, la cancellazione, la trasformazione in forma anonima o il blocco dei dati trattati in violazione di legge, nonchè di opporsi in ogni caso, per motivi legittimi al trattamento.